Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I ran tonight for the first time in over a month...

and it went ok.

I can't say much about my time, but I completed 3.1 miles on the treadmill tonight after not having run for over a month.  Not bad for someone who has been on a pretty insane weight loss diet for several months!

Distance: 3.1 miles
Time: 40 mins
Avg HR: 148
Max HR: 170

I felt pretty comfortable with my HR around 150-160, and didn't have any problems with breathlessness at higher rates.  I do realize my pace was pretty awful, but I'm sure that will improve with more training.

By the time I was finished I could tell I was reaching my limit as far as fuel goes.  My legs felt like jelly and I was starting to get a little bit dizzy at the end.  When I got home I had an apple, an ounce of leftover chicken, some leftover roasted broccoli and carrots, and a clementine and that seemed to get me back on an even keel.  I don't think the apple was the best carb choice but it was one of the only things I had in the house.  I'll need to try a few different things for post workout refueling.

I finished my tentative training plan for the half marathon and will be posting that in the next couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment