Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Reasons I love paleo and the paleo community

Paleo eating has:
  • given me a love for nutritious food
  • helped me break my addiction to carbs, sugars, and junk
  • caused me become more adventurous towards foods I would never have tried before
  • given me a nearly bomb-proof immune system.  I have not had a full blown cold or flu in almost 2 years!
  • made me a better, more creative cook
  • evened out my moods and nearly rid me of depression
  • made me more aware of how my body reacts to certain foods
  • rid me of the cystic acne I suffered from PCOS
  • given me the opportunity to share the benefits of a healthy diet with others, including some who have chronic illnesses
The paleo community is awesome because:
  • it is largely made up of thinking people who care about the health of others
  • detailed, valuable information is freely shared
  • there are a lot of people who aren't afraid to call the others out on their dogmatic sh*t
  • it is constantly changing in response to new research, which a lot of 'diet gurus' refuse to do
  • there is a nearly infinite source of free, delicious recipes available
  • paleo bloggers are really skilled at what they do.  Beautiful photos, delicious recipes, thoughful posts, deconstructing research articles... love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment