Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saturday's long run

My training plan had me scheduled for 5 miles on Saturday.  I'm happy to say I completed it and dare I even say... it was easy?

Distance: 5.1 miles
Time: 1:05:48
Avg HR: 141
Max HR: 162

I didn't push the pace much, but the couple times I did increase my effort I found myself in a pretty sweet groove and it felt awesome.  A little weirdness in my left ankle, a little weirdness in my left knee and shin, but other than that I was pretty pain free.

In other training news, I'm on to my next cycle of 5/3/1.  The book suggests that people training twice a week should skip the deload week so I started again, adding 5 lbs to my military and bench press, and 10 lbs to my squat and deadlift.  It's definitely a little more difficult this time.  Near the end of this cycle I may consider switching strength programs but I haven't decided yet.

And now, bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment