Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pre-training week is over, official training starts tomorrow!

Things have been busy around here!  I have tried several times to sit down and write a post but each time I do I find I'm sidetracked with more pressing things. 

Last week I got 4 workouts in.  Monday was 3x5 push press and back squat, followed up with 60 bodyweight squats and 20 pullups.  Tuesday was approximately a 3.15 mile run which took 42:05.  Thursday was 3x5 overhead squat (super pathetic weights on this one, obviously I need to work on my OHS!) and 5x5 deadlift, followed by 50 squats, 40 situps, 20 pushups and 15 pullups.  Saturday was a decent little run... 3.5 miles in 42:xx minutes.  I'm also sad to report that my Polar HRM officially died Saturday.

I've been doing great with keeping my diet clean, but I've also taken on a lot in this area as far as work goes, especially since I'm know working a little harder at planning paleo meals for my husband.  Last Sunday I tried the tactic of doing a big cooking marathon in the afternoon and it worked pretty well for keeping the rest of the week open for training so I tried the same thing again today, except I went bigger since I knew the training volume would be picking up this week.  Between last night and today, I:

roll cut, stuffed, and tied a pork loin for roasted sun-dried tomato and rosemary pork loin (a full loin, minus the tiny roast at the end, which is for later this week) and roasted it
roasted 2 chickens
made mayonnaise
mixed 5+ lbs of pork sausage and divided it up to freeze
chopped 6 bell peppers, 2 onions, a cucumber, 2 tomatoes, a head of cauliflower, 2 lbs of carrots, 2 apples, and 5 heads of lettuce
made deviled eggs
made a week's worth of sausage, pepper and onion egg muffins for husband's breakfast

So, most of my veggie prep is done for the next couple days, but tomorrow I have to marinate and cook two flank steaks.  The rest of the week should be pretty easy, due to the amount of leftovers we will have, I'll just need to cut some veggies mid week for salads, maybe make some dressing, and cook another pork roast later this week.

I also did our menu plan for the whole week:

Tomato and rosemary roast pork loin
Broccoli
Salad

Marinated Flank Steak
Broccoli
Salad

Roast chicken
Carrots and cauliflower
Salad

Leftover pork loin
Garlic green beans
Salad

Leftover roast chicken or thighs/breasts, or apricot pork loin roast
Broccoli
Salad

Baked salmon and cod
Garlic green beans
Salad

Annnnnd.... I figured out my strength workouts for this week.

Phew!  I'm exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment